This policy covers the following subject areas:
- Data Protection Act 1988
- How do we receive your information?
- Use and collection of your personal information
- Informing you about our products and services
- Purchasing products through our web site
- Returns Policy
- Our website and its security
- Disabling/Enabling cookies
- Providing information to us
- Personal Information Privacy
- Customer Newsletter
- Order Information Privacy and Security
- Contact us
- Financial Services Authority
We understand the importance of privacy and security with regard to your online experience. As such, we respect your right to privacy.
Data Protection Act 1988Top
We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1988 and comply with the Act in all our dealings with your personal data.
How do we receive your information?TopWe may receive information about you:
- when you contact us either directly or via our website, particularly when you make a purchase using our web site or our sales and service team, whether to request information for a Harley-Davidson® or Buell motorcycle or products, our services or to make an enquiry or other request,
- occasionally from other third parties who may lawfully pass to us information about you.
Use and collection of your personal informationTop
In general you can visit our website without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself. If, however, you use our site you will need to register and you will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on our main computer or otherwise.
We may use your information that you provide (which we receive from you or third parties or learn from the way you use our products or services) for a variety of purposes, including:
- to register you with our website and to administer it,
- to provide or manage any information, products and services you have asked for,
- to help us identify you when you contact us,
- for general administration purposes,
- to help us improve the quality of our services,
- to help us detect and prevent fraud and money laundering,
- to help us recover debts,
- to carry out analysis and customer profiling, and
- to identify other products and services which might be of interest to you and to inform you about our products and services (please see below).
We may share your information for any of these purposes with:
- Harley-Davidson® Europe Ltd, who will maintain your data in accordance with the terms of their privacy notice,
- our carefully chosen business partners who provide products or services,
- our service providers and agents who perform services on our behalf, such as credit card processors and data management firms.
We may also pass your information to third parties:
- if we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes,
- in relation to existing or future legal proceedings,
- in the process of selling one or more of our businesses or to anyone to whom we may transfer our rights under any customer agreement we have with you,
- for the purpose of preventing fraud/loss, for example to fraud prevention agencies.
If one of these organisations is outside of the European Economic Area we will make sure they agree to apply the same level of protection of your information as we are required to apply in the UK.
NB If you use the services of Chester Harley-Davidson® to apply for finance from a Finance company, please refer to any Terms and Conditions applicable to the relevant Financial Services Company, Credit Reference and Fraud Reference Agencies that will use your information both when you apply and during the course of your finance agreement with the relevant financial company.
Informing you about our products and servicesTop
We may use your information to contact you with news on Chester Harley-Davidson® activities, Harley-Davidson®, Buell motorcycles and other products and services (provided by us or our carefully selected business partners) which may be of interest to you and occasionally for market research purposes.
We may also pass your information to our principal, Harley-Davidson® UK Ltd and our other business partners for these purposes.
We, and these other parties, may contact you by post, phone, email, SMS and other electronic means.
The range of products and services offered by us, our principle Harley-Davidson® UK Ltd or selected business partners include:
- Harley-Davidson® and Buell motorcycles,
- motorcycle related products and services, including (amongst other things) motorcycle finance, leasing and ancillary insurances, motorcycle accessories, motorcycle emergency service, motorcycle warranties and motorcycle insurance.
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us on Harley-Davidson® and Buell motorcycles and other products and services by ticking the appropriate box (if providing your information on this website) or at any time by calling us on telephone number 0151 357 2124, or writing to us at:
Stanney Mill Lane
You can also contact us at the above address or telephone number if you have previously asked not to receive marketing communications but would now like to hear from us with news on Harley-Davidson® and Buell motorcycles and other products and services.
We will only send you marketing communications by email or other electronic means if you give us your agreement to do so. For example, we may inform you when inviting you to provide your email address that by providing your email address you will be indicating your agreement to receive marketing emails. If you give us your agreement and subsequently wish to opt out you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link which we include on all our marketing emails or you can contact us at any time at the address or telephone number above.
Purchasing product using our websiteTop
Browse our store and add any items that you wish to buy into the shopping cart. After you have finished your selection, click on 'Checkout' and you will be asked for the relevant details that we need to be able to complete and dispatch the order.
We recommend you read our Terms and Conditions with regard to making purchases using our website
For orders placed over the telephone we accept payment by the following credit and debit cards; Visa Electron, Visa, Maestro, MasterCard, Solo, JCB, V PAY, and American Express.
For orders placed over the internet our website uses PayPal to process your payment. PayPal accepts major credit and debit cards.
This is with particular regard to parts and accessories, it is very important that you are confident that the parts or accessories you are ordering will fit the model, year and serial number of your Harley-Davidson® or Buell motorcycle. If in doubt, please contact us to help you in selecting the right part or accessory for your motorcycle.
VAT at the appropriate rate is included where applicable.
Internet Credit Card Security
Internet payments are made using PayPal which has been certified as compliant under Payment Card Industry standards. Your full card details are never revealed to Chester Harley-Davidson® or stored on our web server.
Reaching Us with regard to your order
If you need to reach us, please use our Contact Us form, alternatively, you can call on 0151 357 2124 or write to us at:
Stanney Mill Lane
Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive 97/7/EC, amendment SI689/2005 which can be found at http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm
Our Website and its securityTop
We try to keep our website secure. However you recognise when providing your information to us through our website or when you send us or ask us to send you any of your confidential information by email, that the internet and email communications over the internet may not be secure. We cannot be responsible for any loss or unauthorised interception of information transmitted via the internet which is beyond our control.
A “cookie” is a piece of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
- to help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content of our site to match your preferred interests;
- to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
A number of different types of cookies may be used on this website : Google analytics, which makes use of a tool from google analytics which tells us about the way people are using this website; session cookies, which are temporarycookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and persistent cookies, which remain inthe cookie file of your browser for longer ( how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). Below are thedetails on these cookies.
Cookie Name Purpose More Information Google Analytics _utma
For more information about Google Analytics and the cookies it sets, please take a look at this breakdown of their cookies.
eStore-* Cookie used to track your account, shopping cart, login status and enhance the shopping experience. The contents of this cookie are encrypted so as to be only accessible by our servers. The contents are replaced by anonymous Guest with no account details after you have successfully logged out. Cookie
Where can I find more information about cookies, and how do I turn cookies off or delete cookies?
Find out more about cookies including how to disable/enable and delete them at the following website www.aboutcookies.org.
You can opt-out of receiving cookies from a range of ad servers (including, among others, Doubleclick, Videology, AudienceScience, Flashtalking and Microsoft) by visiting www.youronlinechoices.com and following the instructions provided.
Generally you can't delete Flash cookies (also known as local shared objects) with browser controls, but Adobe's website at www.adobe.com provides information on how to delete or disable Flash cookies. Click here for details. Please note that if you disable Flash cookies, you will not be able to play content on the ITV Player.
If you want to delete cookies from the browser on your mobile phone, you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Some of our Web pages may also contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web beacons collect only limited information which including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the Web beacon resides.
- Take and fulfil customer orders
- Administer and enhance the site and service
- Disclose information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes
You can accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
On occasion, we may ask our customers for personal information such as your name, address, company name, e-mail address and other details. Providing us with your information simply helps us to better serve our clientele and process orders more efficiently. In the event we ask you to share other personal information with us over the Internet, we will always inform you as to how we will use the information.
Providing information to usTop
You are responsible for informing us of any change in your details, such as a change of address. You have a right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you.
You have a right to ask what information we hold about you (as defined under the Data Protection Act). Please make this request in writing to our address below. We will charge you a small fee for this (the statutory fee is currently £10), a cheque for which should be enclosed with your letter.
You may contact us at the address below for these purposes.
If you are under 16 please do not provide us with any personal information unless you have the permission of your parent or guardian to do so.
Telephone calls to us may be recorded and/or monitored for training purposes.
Personal Information PrivacyTop
We will take all necessary steps to keep your personal information confidential. We will never sell, rent, or share any customer information with other companies for any reason. We will communicate with clients via e-mail or other online delivery devices only if the client agrees to receive those communications. If you believe that you are receiving our communications in error or no longer desire to receive them, please inform us and we will remove your name from our distribution lists.
We will use 'opt in' data to distribute our regular scheduled newsletter throughout the year. If for any reason you desire NOT to continue to receive our newsletter, you can easily unsubscribe or request to have your email address removed from our active list of newsletter recipients.
Order Information Privacy and SecurityTop
We do not handle your card transactions, nor do we store any card details whatsoever. All payments made via our online shop are handled by PayPal - the globally trusted secure online payment gateway. https://paypal.co.uk/
Stanney Mill Lane
Financial Services AuthorityTop
Brookbrough Trading Company Ltd trading as Chester Harley-Davidson® is an Appointed Representative of ITC Compliance Limited, which is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
Chester Harley-Davidson® IS NOT A FINANCE COMPANY, HOWEVER WE DO OFFER THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN FINANCE THROUGH A NUMBER OF FINANCE COMPANIES. BELOW IS AN INFORMATION GUIDE ON HOW FINANCIAL SERVICES AND CREDIT REFERENCE AND FRAUD PREVENTION AGENCIES USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WHEN YOU APPLY FOR FINANCE.
This Guide is for information purposes only and covers the following subject areas:
- What the finance company will do when you apply for finance
- What the finance company will do when you have a finance agreement with them
- What the Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies will do
What the finance company will do when you apply for finance
- The finance company will search using the services of credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies for information, including credit details, on you and, if you have one, your financial associates (a financial associate is a person with whom you have, or have had, joint personal financial arrangements such as joint accounts or have made joint credit applications, for example a spouse or partner), other members of your family and if you are an owner, director or partner in a small business, your business.
- The finance company may pass information that is supplied to them to credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
- If you have any financial associates, a finance company may link and record information about you both in their own records and at credit reference agencies and they, and others, will take their information into account. They may take both your and their information into account in future applications by either or both of you and continue this linking until your agreement ends and one of you notifies them that you are no longer linked. So you must be sure that you have their agreement to disclose information about them.
- They may obtain references and make enquiries about you from other persons and organisations. If the finance company requires any guarantee or other security in relation to your obligations under any proposed agreement, they may provide information about your application to the person you wish to provide the guarantee or other security.
- If you give the finance company false or inaccurate information and they suspect or identify fraud, they will record this and may also pass this information to fraud prevention agencies and other organisations involvedin crime and fraud prevention.
- With the information that the finance company obtain they will:
- Assess your application for credit;
- Check details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities;
- Verify your identity and the identity of your spouse, partner or other directors / partners if applicable; and/or
- Undertake checks for the prevention and detection of fraud and/or money laundering.
- They may use scoring methods to assess this application and to verify your identity.
- Undertake periodical statistical analysis or testing to ensure the accuracy of existing and future products and services,
- Any or all of these processes may be automated.
- Undertake market research.
What the Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies will do
- They will place a search ‘footprint’ on your credit file whenever they receive a search request from the finance company. The finance company will make a search when you apply for credit from them and they may also make searches during the period of any agreement you hold with them. If the search was for a credit application they will place a search ‘footprint’ on your file whether or not your application proceeds and the record of that search (but not the name of the organisation that carried it out) may be seen by other organisations when you apply for credit in the future.
- They will link together your records and those of anyone that you have advised is your financial associate, including previous and subsequent names of you and any financial associates. Links between financial associates will remain on your and their files until such time as you and your financial associate successfully files for a disassociation with the credit reference agencies.
- They will supply to the finance company:
- Credit information such as previous applications and the conduct of accounts in your name and of your associates and/or your business accounts
- Public information such as County Court Judgements and bankruptcies
- Electoral Register information; and
- Fraud prevention information
- If you have an agreement with one of the finance companies, credit reference agencies will record the details that is supplied to them on your agreement and how you manage it. If you borrow and do not repay in full and on time, credit reference agencies will record the outstanding debt.
- Records shared with credit reference agencies remain on file for 6 years after they are closed, whether settled by you or defaulted.
- The information which the finance companies, other organisations and fraud prevention agencies provide to the credit reference and fraud prevention agencies about you, your financial associates and your business (if you have one) may be supplied by credit reference and fraud prevention agencies to other organisations and used by them and the finance company to:
- Prevent fraud and money laundering by, for example, checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities; checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance; checking details of job applications and employees
- Verify your identity if you or your financial associate applies for other facilities including all types of insurance applications and claims
- Assist other organisations to make decisions on credit and credit related services or other facilities, about you, your partner, other members of your household or your business
- Trace your whereabouts and recover debts that you owe
- Manage credit and credit related accounts and other facilities; and
- Undertake statistical analysis and system testing.
- Law enforcement agencies may also access and use this information.
- The finance company and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
You can contact the Credit Reference Agencies currently operating in the UK. The information they hold may not be the same so it is worth contacting them all. They will charge you a small statutory fee.
Call Credit Consumer Services Team
PO Box 491
(or call 0870 060 1414)
Credit File Advice Centre
PO Box 3001
(or call 0870 010 0583 or log on to www.myequifax.co.uk)
Experian Consumer Help Service
PO Box 8000
(or call 0870 241 6212 or log on to www.experian.co.uk)